Monday, August 3, 2009

My Recession Car

Last week was super busy with free work, the whole car selling/buying ordeal and night classes. How did I get all of this stuff done before when I was working 40+ hours a week?

The Saab sold on ebay around noon on Thursday to the guy who test drove it on Wednesday. I got more than I would have if I traded it in, so I’m pleased with the transaction. I dropped off the Saab at his house in the ‘burbs with the agreement that he would drive me back home. In the end, he drove me to the Honda dealership that provided me with the best quote. We still had a few details to iron out, so he dropped me off at the service department - where I negotiated with the salesman on the phone all the while sitting outside on a bench. I was out the door and on my way to class by 7 PM.

The Honda CRV is perfect for me right now. I can fit my bike inside without taking off any parts and it is r-e-l-i-a-b-l-e. Yes, I miss my exotic European cars and the leather, wood trim and buttons on the steering wheel. But I have to admit that this was the first time in years that I was able to take off on a trip and not have to worry that the car would break down in the middle of nowhere.

No comments: