Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One Project a Day

The long list of things to do on the house continues to grow. It can be sort of overwhelming, so I've decided to adopt the one project a day mentality. The project can be big, it can be little. Yesterday, I switched out the bathroom light fixture.

The bathroom light fixture is a perfect example of why I shouldn't settle for something just because it is a deal. The former light fixture had a matching finish and at $20 was a good deal. The fixtures at the big box stores were in the $80-$120 range and just okay. I settled for the $20 fixture. As soon as I started living with it, I knew that I hated it - to the point where I wouldn't turn on the light unless absolutely necessary. Fast forward one month, I broke down and bough the Cade Sconce. I flipped the switch this morning and smiled.

Lesson Learned: Don't buy something just because it is cheap. You'll end up buying what you really want in the end and paying twice for it.

No comments: