Saturday, January 31, 2009

Additional Assembly & Shopping Required


Happy Lunar New Year! Welcome to the Year of the Cow. Bit by bit, I'm making progress on my kitchen. There are still no new countertops. I'm washing dishes in my bathroom sink and tub. That is getting old fast.

The good news is that my building contractor came and successfully installed my Arietta range hood. They had quite a time doing it too.

So here's my new pet peeve. If they sell it at the Big Box store, they should have the other pieces you need to make it work. After all their motto is, "You can do it. We can help.TM" I bought the range hood at their store and knew enough to get an elbow and side wall vent. I should add that I asked an employee for the pieces that fit (pointed to) that range hood. Well, lo and behold the elbow and vent pieces they sell don't fit the range hood they also sell. It turns out that the range hood requires pieces that are not readily available at the Big Box stores. My contractor had to go to a mechanical supplier and make some of the components. Not planned, not scoped, not cool.

No comments: