Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Height Matters


Who knew that choosing and installing the right curtains would take so long? And, once they were complete, I had second thoughts. All is well now.

My makeup studio has some wonderful curtains in the window facing the street. They are shear and a plaid of yellow, green and blue. I thought that I would have to look for the fabric during one of my trips to Atlanta, but I found something similar locally. The colors are a little different, but it works. A local seamstress hemmed and finished them for only $20. What a deal! I could have done it myself, but then I would see every little imperfection. To all the engineers out there, yes I know that the patterns don't line up and I'm okay with it.

As soon as they were complete, I hung them on a curtain rod and hated it. I second guessed the fabric and location. Maybe I could put them over the frosted windows? After I raised the curtain rod, I realized that it was a height issue. I didn't hate the curtains, I just didn't like the height. They also serve as a headboard for my minimalist platform bed. Don't you just love dual purpose items?

The next little project in this room is to hang my capiz shell light fixture. It will go above my butterfly chair on the left.

No comments: