Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back on Track



Good customer service goes a long way. I went to IKEA bright and early and was the first person in line at Returns. Receipt in hand, I asked for my missing Akurum leg pieces. My new best friend, Lola, had it waiting for the next shift / me with a note attached.

With that very important task accomplished, I headed upstairs to kitchens. After comparing prices (and finding out that I got a gig yesterday), I decided to go ahead and get some upper cabinets for the wall with the range hood. A pair of 36" wide cabinets with glass front doors and a 15" tall box on the bottom will flank the range hood. The 15" box is my compromise. It fits my toaster oven and allows me to have quick access to open storage. The orange stool on the left will let me reach the other shelving.

Since I "have creative avoidance of work that is to my disliking," I promptly spent my afternoon banging together boxes. The source of that quote is the boss of my college co-op job. How true, how true. I only hit my finger with the soft mallet once.

My building contractor is coming tomorrow morning. Gotta go attach the knobs to the doors. The kitchen is back on the fast track.

No comments: