Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time for a New Contractor

Over 3 months, that is how long it has been since my kitchen contractor "started" my job. I checked the date on my previous post. The tipping point for me was going to a party and seeing a friend's new kitchen. It was beautiful! It is so funny hearing interior designers' critique work, "that's too matchy, matchy." The engineer in me didn't think that circles and lines match, but what do I know? Maybe I'll invite myself over again and take a picture.

My building contractor (not to be confused with my kitchen contractor) stopped by today to drop off the roof affidavit for my main house. I asked him to take a look at my kitchen to see if he could finish it. Part of the deal with my kitchen contractor was that he could give me a good price on granite. I'm more than happy to just have a finished kitchen even if it means that my countertops are laminate.

So, this evening, I headed over to IKEA to see if I could buy/get the clips that attach the toe kick to the plastic feet on the bottom of the cabinets. My kitchen contractor has the ones I purchased and I don't want to wait another day! Love them, or hate them, IKEA certainly has its moments. Case in point - as long as I bring in my receipt, they will give me the missing pieces.

Final thoughts: my building contractor finished this house in a little over three months, so why should it take my kitchen that long?

No comments: