Monday, July 13, 2009

Cash for Clunkers

I have a love hate relationship with my car. After spending a weekend test driving Mini Coopers, Hondas and Nissans, I am still in love with how the Saab drives. I know everyone is tired to hearing me compare cars to the Alfa, but it has great form and function. Unfortunately, my quest for a beautiful car that drives like a dream always catches up with me…as a regular at my mechanic’s shop.

In anticipation of trading it in, I cleaned and detailed the Saab today. I even tried to remove a dent with my hair dryer. Boy does it look good! I had high hopes of utilizing the CARS credit towards a new vehicle, but according to the website my car is 1 MPG over the limit. As a footnote, I should add that they only have the sedan, not the wagon, but how do I dispute something with the government? If my car doesn’t fit the definition of a clunker, I don’t know what does.

On days like this, I dream about selling everything and moving back to NYC.

No comments: