Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tales from the Tub


Here's a stock image of my bath vanity. I chose a different sink. Mine is white and modern. I like the combination of a stark white modern sink and the traditional, yet clean lines of the vanity.

Each day, I find myself learning more and more. The guys at the office laugh because I have added so many new words to my vocabulary. Some new things I've learned include:

  1. Vinyl grout doesn't have to be sealed. Sanded grout does.
  2. For a natural stone floor (marble), at a minimum you want your floor joists 16" O.C. and 3/4" plywood backing. Don't forget the backer board.
  3. If you can't get all of your tile from the same lot, lay it out first.
  4. Staggering is good.
  5. Shop during the week and be patient. Activity at the stores are slower, so it is easier to find a manager. While waiting at the Expo Design Center, I read O at Home, Dwell and Domino. I didn't have to buy the magazines (saving $15) and got a 10% discount on my bath vanity.

No comments: