Saturday, July 19, 2008

Le Tour de Grandes Box

I picked out the tile for the bathroom shower and agonized over the grout color. I decided to use 3x6 white subway tile, stacked in columns, and 1/16 inch grout lines with light-grey acid resistant non-sanded grout. Yes, I had help figuring that out.

Choosing the flooring was a little different. I went to the Orange Big Box to check out light fixtures and found some marble tile on clearance for $2.99/SF. Considering that the only other floor tile I like is $9.89/SF, I was ecstatic. Now the bad part - since it is on clearance, I had to go to FOUR Big Box stores to try to find enough. I'll measure in the morning and confirm.

The good news is that I picked out most of the light fixtures and kept within my budget! The Blue Big Box has nice light fixtures at a great price. This galvanized outdoor light fixture will go outside the french doors and is less than $20
.





No comments: