Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Love It, Hate It


Sometimes with IKEA, it is a love/hate relationship. I finally settled on the Lidingo cabinets and figured out which cabinets would work. Lazy susans are going in the corners and I'll have a bank of drawers by the refrigerator. I'm going down to a 30" sink base so that I can squeeze in another cabinet at the end. I did my homework so it should fit.

After work, I picked up a friend and we went to order my cabinets. Note I said order cabinets, not look at cabinets, not ask questions about them, but to order, pay and pick them up. The kitchen designer said that I was the easiest order of the day. The bad news was that the actual boxes were not in stock. I would have to wait 10-14 days and pick them up at their warehouse by the airport. That totally messed up my need for instant gratification.

So as to end on a good note, when I changed my address, the Post Office mailed me a little package that included a $25 IKEA coupon. I used that and the final bill for the cabinets (and two boxes of cookies) came out to $1,113.34.

No comments: