Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Next Carriage House

Cottage/Garage Interior - Living Space


Floor Plan

My new fixation is trying to conceptualize my next project. Ideally, it would be an intown, lakefront home with room to grow. Rather than start with the most expensive part of an estate, I'd start with the garage. There are just so many things you can do with a garage, but most people fill it with their cars and laundry room. Additional living space for visitors? A home office?

Inspiration from the west coast is evident in my recent trollings to Socked Site where they highlighted a Cole Valley home. It may not seem spacious in plan, but look at all of the light shown in the picture above. What I like about this example is that it maximizes space and function while not dominating the site.

No comments: