Monday, August 18, 2008

Installing My Grass Floor


Yeah, yeah, yeah. Technically, bamboo is not wood, but a grass. The installation progress has begun. There is no way in holy heck that I could have done this myself. We hit a few roadblocks before we started. First and foremost, there were NO manufacturer installation instructions in the box. I called Lumber Liquidators to try to get a copy and all they did was refer me to their website. Really. Even IKEA has little cartoon, non-verbal instructions. After lots of sanding (be sure to tell your drywall guys not to splatter mud all over the floor) and vacuuming, the glue went down. A last minute phone call to Dave confirmed that he purchased VOC compliant glue.

If Hurricane Faye doesn't get in the way, we should make more progress tomorrow.

No comments: