Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Project


So, I've been carfree for almost a week and a half. That's made me very focused and productive on the weekends. This weekend I worked on my little project - prepping, staining, varnishing and painting the wood for the stairs. Boy what a difference it makes to have the right tools and materials!

The last time I did something like this, I used scraps of sandpaper and products off the shelf from the Big Box. This time I had some good direction from my contractor, a real hand sander and the good stuff from Sherwin Williams (thanks again to Kyle). I dare say it was almost fun. Having a garage made a world of a difference as the afternoon rains returned.

Here are my product raves and reviews. I highly recommend the Harmony paint by Sherwin Williams and Sanding Sealer by WoodClassics. The Harmony (also low VOC) paint did not have the coverage problem that I experienced with EcoChoice. EcoChoice is a thumbs down. For us gals, Sanding Sealer is sort of like Frizz Ease for wood. You apply before finishing to smooth out the frizzies.

2 comments:

akumangkok said...

Hi
Been reading ur blog. Its interesting to watch the developments of building ur house. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Looks like things are coming along so well. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!